The week of graduation is here!
The excitement is building around us all. We can not wait to see you! Here are a few reminders and updates regarding this week:
- You may pick up your child’s cap and gown Monday – Wednesday, May 24 – 26 from 8 – 4 pm at Michelle door 13. The students are continuing to participate in class activities through Wednesday, May 26th so they should remain connected with all their classes and teachers. Keep devices until the week of 6/1.
- If you have not registered for the parade, please do so at this link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/1... One car per student. Line up at Central Park in Park Forest at 4:00 pm, the parade will begin promptly at 4:30 pm.
- During the parade route, you will see yard signs for each graduate. We ask that you remain in your car and do not remove your child’s the yard sign until Friday, May 28th. Students will receive a gift at door 13 at Michelle Obama School. Please remain in the car and proceed through the ‘bus line’ to the front of the school, Door 9. When directed, student will get out the car, receive their diploma cover and take a professional picture.
- After the parade you can return home to prepare to watch the virtual graduation for the Class of 2021. A link will be provided for the YouTube premier of the virtual graduation at 7 pm. You can plan a watch party for you and your family to enjoy at your home to see the pre-recorded graduation exercise for the Class of 2021!
- All graduates should return their Chromebook beginning Tuesday, June 1st at Michelle Obama School door 13 from 7:30 am – 4 pm through Thursday, June 3rd. In order for your graduate to receive their diploma, all chromebooks and any fees associated with the Chromebook must be completed. Diplomas will be mailed to you during the month of June. If you have moved or changed addresses, please call the school at 708-668-9600 to make updates to Skyward so you receive your child’s diploma.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call the school at 708-668-9600.
Rising to Excellence,
Kristin B. Foster
🏫 Michelle Obama School of Technology and the Arts
#RealPatriotsRise: Our mission is to inspire and empower students to rise to their fullest academic and creative potential. Our vision as R.E.A.L Patriots is to create a Respectful community where students elevate Excellence, take Accountability for their actions, and demonstrate Leadership daily in a safe learning environment with a high quality curriculum that is fortified with rigor, artistry, & technology to build life-long learners.