Please review the following information. If you have any questions, please call Blackhawk Primary Center at 708.668.9500
- All visitors are required to enter through the main door and check in at the main office. If visiting a classroom, you will be required to show identification (State ID), and you will receive a name tag to wear while in the building.
- Safe arrival and dismissal of our students is a top priority for us. With this in mind, please note that students should not arrive to school earlier than 7:45AM—there is not adult supervision prior to this time—and should be picked up by 3:05PM. Breakfast begins at 7:50.
- Car riders - In order to ensure the safety of all students at Blackhawk Primary Center, we ask that you drop off and pick up your child on “school curb side” of Blackhawk Drive during the hours of 7:45 to 8:15 to ensure safe entry and exit for our buses.
- If you drop students on the opposite side of the street, we ask that ALL students walk to the crossing guard—to ensure safe crossing. This request is in accordance with the Park Forest Police’s guidelines.
- Students who ride our buses are expected to follow all rules at all times—most importantly, being seated while the bus is moving and departing at his or her own bus stop.
- Students arriving late—after 8:15—must report to the main office for a tardy pass.
- Parents are required to call 708.668.9550 before 8:30 to report an absence.
- Lunch – in an effort to keep orderly classrooms and lessen disruptions, students should check with the office for lunches brought in after the start of the school day.
- We ask that all students dress appropriately for the school day including close-toed shoes to participate during recess and gym shoes for gym.
- Phone Messages – please restrict all phone messages for children to emergency or extremely important matters.
- Dismissal - Instruction ends at 3:00. Students who ride buses will be dismissed first, followed by day care, car riders and walkers.
The district uses a “Tagging System” for all students in grades Kindergarten through 3rd grade. Students will receive these tags on their first day of attendance. Blackhawk’s colors will be as follows: Yellow for Day Care, Blue for bus, Green for walkers and Red for car riders